HTML5 – The Force Awakens
Train yourself to let go of everything that you fear to lose – Yoda.
We have had a more than a year of HTML5 now. And this is happening right now…not in some galaxy far far away. Instant gratification. Instant learning. We expect and demand to access knowledge any time and anywhere. We want this on any device that we have on hand at this very moment. This has made responsive content design a critical factor in course creation.
Responsiveness as the term states simply means that the Content morphs into and adapts itself to the screen real-estate on any device. HTML5 (with CSS) is what makes it happen and It has quickly become the creation weapon of choice.
Here are the 7 fruitful reasons to incorporate HTML5 in e-learning:
1. HTML5 has the capability to provide content adaptability to all screen sizes. It can develop learning content in one single responsive language. This adds significant value in terms of both productivity and efficiency.
2. HTML5 flies solo. Does not require any proprietary player to run it. It has the clear advantage of running on any possible device OS.
3. HTML5 has become a universal working standard with its worldwide presence in the industry. It is the present reference for content creation that has the potential to drive and unify cross-platform learning content production.
4. As companies continue to incorporate and launch HTML5 based learning projects, the demand will only expand for a new range of service providers, technologies. The skill nuances will sharpen leading to newer executions and more creative adaptations of this tech.
5. HTML5 creates a flexible and clean way to program.
6. HTML5 makes video playback better. 2D/3D depiction, enhanced graphics delivers an enhanced user experience.
7. As HTML5 gets defined better, it can disseminate across more OS platforms.
So Luke it or not…..HTML5 is the present. The future.
May the force be with you.